About Me

My photo
a student who loves blogging(obviously, cause if not I wouldn't be doing this),I love FASHION! :)) I play xbox and computer games, I like reading books especially the classics, I love music, I'm the type of person who fights for what she wants, you can't dictate me(biggest no!no!), I'm very friendly but also choosy, I LOVE MYSELF.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

ABS-CBN(Alto Broadcasting System- Chronicles Broadcasting Networking) and NBS(National Bookstore)

ABS-CBN(Alto Broadcasting System-
Chronicles Broadcasting Networking)
and NBS(National Bookstore)

Business Failure Reflection Paper

Over the years, these two companies have ruled the Philippine business scene in their own field of specialization. They've already gained the trust of the people. In such success, it's hard to believe that once in their lives, they fell on their knees. Seeing how prosperous they are today, some may think that they never tasted despair once in their lives. As for me, reading the articles about their business failure and the revival, ABS-CBN(Alto Broadcasting System-Chronicles Broadcasting Networking) and NBS(National Bookstore) both gave me the inspiration to pursue my dream of putting up my own business someday.

There are a lot of people wanting success. It is but our nature to want a better life. As I see it, the problem is not lack of resources, as what they may say. The problem is not lack of education nor lack of opportunities. The true problem lies within us. Success is always attainable. Even the wildest of animals can be tamed, so it isn't impossible to reach our dreams and goals in life. The secret to a good life is that strong drive or passion mixed up with hard work. We can't have something and feel good about it if we didn't work hard for it or better yet we can't have the things we want without sweating for them.

As I read the two articles, I felt so much inspired by the plights that these two giant establishment had surpassed all through the years. They had to combat enemies to protect their businesses. The NBS endured even the inflation during the Japanese war and even after it yet, they remained standing. It was a fight against all odds. They fagged so hard to be able to save the business which they loved so much. Some call it the need to be alive, I call it passion. There many skilled people on Earth but only few have that passion to use their skills in a good way. The NBS wanted to serve their fellowmen through the books and supplies that they sell. They never gave up because they wanted it so much. Desiring something so much sometimes makes any suffering bearable. This is what I learned from the Ramoses.

The ABS-CBN on the other hand had so much glory from the very beginning. But, to their luck, came across the Marcos dictatorship and lost everything they have worked for over the years. It was like a soap bubble, that in just a blink of an eye, before even recognizing the situation, all was gone. They lost possession of their own sweat and blood. It even took them fourteen years to be able to start all over again. Astoundingly, they were able to get up from the mud that they were thrown into. It was an unbelievable revival. The then president, Geny Lopez, was put behind bars and all but he didn't for a second lost his fervency to continue what his father had started. He had this strong ardor of rekindling the candle which was left unlit by the Marcos regime. He had to start from what was left which didn't really matter in number. It was a glorious renewal though.

I've learned, from what I've read that success always comes after work. I, personally, am a slacker. Now, I've ascertained that life won't reward you if you don't do anything. You won't win in a raffle if you didn't buy a ticket. You won't get an A in your subjects if you wouldn't study hard. I also learned that failure is part of life. We can't avoid it. There will always come a time when we fall but we can always get up and start anew. At the end of the day, the success of anything we do will always depend on how much work and zeal we put in it.

No comments: