About Me

My photo
a student who loves blogging(obviously, cause if not I wouldn't be doing this),I love FASHION! :)) I play xbox and computer games, I like reading books especially the classics, I love music, I'm the type of person who fights for what she wants, you can't dictate me(biggest no!no!), I'm very friendly but also choosy, I LOVE MYSELF.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why I Never Learned to Ride a Bicycle



Riding a bicycle is one indicator whether you were able to exhaust the time frame you were given as a child. If you know how to ride a bicycle, you must've enjoyed your childhood very much. Perhaps, you were always permitted to play outside because learning how to ride a bicycle takes a person many sweaty days, a lot of unnecessary turns and falls and countless of that moments of laughter with the kids in the neighborhood and their dog in the streets. It is also a sign that you were a free child. You were able to conquer your barangay or even your town using your own strength. I've always imagined how it felt like. You know, the joy inside your heart whenever you take a ride; with the wind brushing on your cheeks and the sun smiling at you. This means so much to me because I've always wanted to ride a bicycle but it's impossible because I don't know how.

When I was still a child, our grandmother lived with us. Because of this fact, we were to abide to many house rules which I honestly didn't understand at all. We couldn't go and play outside during weekdays while during weekends we could only play from 3:00 PM until 5:00 PM. This has limited us from playing with our neighbors. While they played happily outside, we were stuck inside the house. We weren't allowed to get dirty. We couldn't run around because we might get hurt. Most especially, we couldn't ride a bicycle because it might cause us accidents and she didn't want us to get wounded. Also, because of this, it got into my head that it as scary riding a bicycle and I won't learn it easily. So, I just gave it up. Until now, I never learned because I'm scared that I might get hurt.

Until now, I still get jealous of other kids. They run around, enjoying every bit of sun on their skin without a trace of any of the world's problems. They do as they please. They play in the mud, dance in the rain, lie on the grass and most specially they get to ride a bicycle. They get to enjoy their childhood days while I get to watch them. Sounds great, huh?


No comments: