About Me

My photo
a student who loves blogging(obviously, cause if not I wouldn't be doing this),I love FASHION! :)) I play xbox and computer games, I like reading books especially the classics, I love music, I'm the type of person who fights for what she wants, you can't dictate me(biggest no!no!), I'm very friendly but also choosy, I LOVE MYSELF.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

PSYCHOLOGY in connection with ENTREPRENEURSHIP

In the most common understanding, psychology is the study of human behaviors. When I first heard of it I was kind of unhappy. Why would the school impose the subject on business students? Isn't it strange to have psychology in your prospectus when your major is entrepreneurship? With lack of understanding, yes it is quite strange and even useless but I chose to understand. Base on my own perception, I can very well take the grab the opportunity of studying human behavior for some important reasons. These reasons are, believe it or not, linked to my own course of study.

Business, as a matter of fact is actually a human-based career. In what sense? We, businessmen, cannot exist without the need that people are clamoring for. The lifeline of our business is our costumers. We, as student entrepreneurs, are required to study a segment in the market and prove that the product we are proposing is feasible and marketable. We have to study the people and fill the needs that they have. This is the concept of the wicked term “capitalism”. This is where psychology takes a major role. We, as capitalists need to know what would be acceptable to the market. We have to study the trend in the society. We have to study behavioral patterns to be able to get a clue of what would should be offered to our customers. We are not heartless as some may say. The truth is we care for the people. We try to create something that will make their life easier.

The aloofness between the psychology and entrepreneurship, for me is a fallacy. I think that if you try to think critically, you'll see that in this round world of ours, everything is interconnected. You just have to see for yourself.

No comments: